The ITL Group recognizes the need to contribute to the sustainability
of the planet's natural resources. We believe sustainable
development means adopting business strategies, activities
and processes that meet the needs of the company and its
stakeholders today, while protecting, sustaining and enhancing
the human and natural resources that will be needed in the
ITL is committed to assisting customers in their efforts
to preserve the environment. ITL believes that business
objectives that promote product differentiation, reduced
costs, improved efficiencies and compliance with quality,
social and ethical standards, are complementary to value
addition and wealth creation.
As part of its evolving environmental policy, the ITL
- Using the ISO 9001 2000 Quality Management System
with defined objectives and action plans to facilitate
continuous process improvement and waste reduction programmes.
- Value-engineering products to reduce the raw material
content and any adverse affect of processes on the environment,
whilst maintaining fitness for use.
- Giving preference to suppliers who have similar shared
values to our own and our customers.
- Adhering to local environmental regulations.
- Developing and introducing an environmental impact
education programme for all employees.
- Recycling of packaging materials.
- Ensuring efficient use of water and energy.
- Disposing of waste responsibly.
- Recycled raw materials.